Photo
- - - - -

I need help with my Children's Picture Book Query

Childrens Science Fiction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CartoonistWriter

CartoonistWriter

Creativity limited only by the unexpanded Mind!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:I am an unpublished author. I had one comic strip published in a fashion magazine in NYC, Colours that is out of circulation.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

Hello everyone. I need some advice for my children's picture book query.

Iam is the story about a one eyed young boy who learns that the Divine Spark, the Big "I", within him wants the best for him and everyone. Iam lives on the planet Oneness. It is the only planet that orbits around a blue star which the inhabitants named Solo. It is a part of the Cyclopean Star Systems which consist of three different planetary star systems: Trionus, Bi-tona and Oneness. The people from the planet Trionus have three eyes, the people from Bi-tona have two eyes, and the inhabitants of Oneness have one eye. Iam’s hometown is called Unity. His father’s name is Uno and his mother’s name is Una.

Iam is a 350 word picture book story for pre-school – 2nd grade children. Iam is intended to be the first of a series of stories that will be focused around him. This introductory story teaches the reader that even though we are all different yet we have things in common and we should treat others with kindness.

My target audience would be the children, their parents, grandparents, etc. of this age group in the United States and Canada to start off with. Then the next step would be to market Iam to international English speaking countries, i.e., the United Kingdom, Australia. After that I would like to see Iam translated into other languages starting with Spanish and French. I would like to take advantage of all types of marketing entities that are available including but not limited to social media i.e., FaceBook and Twitter, book tours etc.

Iam is just one of over 300 cartoon characters that I have created that I would love to share with children, along with middle school through adults, to entertain them as well as share life lessons. Some of the students I had to work with in Houston came from low income households. They had difficulty relating to a teacher's voice but could listen to the voices of characters in books and videos/movies. I want to release Iam, from my cartoon universe, to impact this next generation of young people in both a positive and fun way.

I have always loved reading and writing stories. I am a cartoonist and a writer of stories for children's picture books, comic books and science fiction. I was born in Brooklyn and lived in Woodburne, N.Y., Washington, D.C. and now Houston. I studied cartooning and animation at the High School of Art & Design in New York City. While I pursued my bachelor’s degree in music from the City College of New York, I also minored in art. I began working in public education here in Texas three years ago and observed the types of children's books that the schools and teachers are implementing in their classrooms and libraries. I decided to pursue obtaining an agent to assist me with getting this manuscript published. I am a novice to the literary publishing process. I have submitted queries to other literary agencies/agents.

Mr./Ms. Agent please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience by phone or by e-mail. I wish you and your literary agency continued success in your endeavors.
Let the Unlimited Creativity that You possess be released as You believe that You can!
Creator - Creativity - Creation!!!

#2 AndieKahl

AndieKahl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 17 June 2017 - 04:55 PM

I don't really know anything about submitting picture books, but here's this video!

#3 CartoonistWriter

CartoonistWriter

Creativity limited only by the unexpanded Mind!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:I am an unpublished author. I had one comic strip published in a fashion magazine in NYC, Colours that is out of circulation.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

Thank you AndieKahl!
Let the Unlimited Creativity that You possess be released as You believe that You can!
Creator - Creativity - Creation!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users