Disclaimer

Photo

It's Officially Official -- My 3 book deal with Crooked Lane Books!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: early 2019.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

I've had the deal for a while (even started writing book two!) but the Publishers Marketplace announcement finally went live today!

A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS will be published this December (12/12/17) and then books two and three in July 2018 and early 2019. (Hopefully there will be additional books in the series if the first three do well enough).

And since that attachment (copied from Publishers Marketplace) is difficult to read, it says:

Victoria Gilbert's A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS, the first in a contemporary library cozy mystery series set in a historic town at the foot of Virginia's Blue Ridge mountains, to Faith Black Ross at Crooked Lane, in a three-book deal, in a nice deal, by Frances Black at The Literary Counsel.

Attached Files

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:35 PM

Yeah!

#3 Monsmord

Monsmord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:42 PM

Woohoo!  Congrats!

#4 Anna L. Walls

Anna L. Walls

Author

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:I published my first book through AuthorHouse. Since then I tried out a small one-man publishing company and then a mid-level publishing LLC. I have since unpublished all of my books from those companies and I have published them all through CreateSpace, Kindle Direct Publishing, and most recently SmashWords. I am much happier with this arrangement.

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

That's fantastic. Congratulations.

Find all of my books at:

Amazon - http://www.amazon.co...ls/e/B002E1FOBI

SmashWords - https://www.smashwor...AuthorAnnaWalls

Hope to see you there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users