BCVail

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:47 AM

Hello, I am looking for someone to swap critiques for the first chapter (hoping to get this as polished as possible).

I would like any and all thoughts you have for the first chapter. And I am willing to do a general critique or keep an eye out for anything specific you may want.

I tend to prefer YA, sci-fi, fantasy, and horror... but am willing to read anything (especially for a 1st chapter only swap).

Below is a quick pitch (query is still in progress). Thanks.

THE SLEEPING AND THE DEAD is a young adult science fiction novel with horror elements. Mira, a sixteen-year-old thief, is recruited for an off-planet scientific study but when the other patients begin falling into comas and acting out their murderous nightmares she must find a way to escape the deep space laboratory before she becomes one of the sleeping or the dead.

#2 ltlibrarian

ltlibrarian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

I'd be interested in swapping, mine is a YA fantasy. I put my blurb below. Send me a PM if you're interested.

When seventeen-year-old Nick stumbles on a girl collapsed by a well, the last thing he expects is for her to give him magic. For witch disciple Simran, Nick is the perfect place to hide her powers away from the grasp of her drug lord. But when Nick’s inability to control his new magic lands his mom in the hospital, he’s determined to make Simran take it back—if he can find her.

Looking for feedback on my query, will return the favour!

Website: http://ltlibrarian.com - book reviews, round-ups, quotes, writing tips, etc.

Twitter: @lunchtimelib

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users