#1 Jennie3392

Jennie3392

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:24 PM

Hello, all!  I have a specific request.  My completed novel, Kateri is ready for representation.  At least, I believe it is.  I have edited more times than I can count, posted on Authonomy and elsewhere (yes, it's been quite a while) to get some feedback, and really have done pretty much all I can do on my own.  What I am really looking for is someone who enjoys both reading and writing historical fiction / romance and is interested in a read swap.  

The reason I have been sitting on this so long without doing anything has to do with time constraints (and a bit of doubt due to the staggering odds of actually publishing through a reputable literary agency).  For that reason, I am looking for someone who is serious about their work and has put a great deal of time and effort into editing it.  Most of those I found on Authonomy were so full of grammar errors and glaringly flawed plots that it was not worth investing the time in preparing feedback.

So, to really boil this down, if you have a WIP or completed work that is related to either historical fiction, romance, etc. and you have revised it thoroughly on your own, I would very much like to arrange a read swap.

As to writing experience, I have been writing since I ran afoul of my third-grade teacher's rules by using my class time to jot down stories.  More recently, I was a Communication Arts instructor and particularly enjoyed teaching Creative Writing and Innovative Reading.  

Set in the early Gold Rush years, the premise of the novel is as follows:

When a half-breed infant is saved through a single act of compassion, the course of her life is forever altered.  Young Kateri is relatively happy with Granny Cole, although she lives in seclusion.  But, when an agreement of years ago brings her back to the Caldwell brothers, confusion reigns.  Kateri yearns only for a place where acceptance is possible.  Could California be the answer?  And what of the man who follows her there?

#2 veda_p

veda_p

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hey! It just so happens that historical fiction and romance are two of my favorite genres, so I would love to do a read swap with you! My own novel manuscript is a YA literary/contemporary, and I've been working on it and revising for almost 5 years now with hopes of getting it published. Let me know if you're interested! Just so you know, I am young (18 y/o, recent high school grad, heading to a public ivy this fall) but I've had experience with writing contests, publications and I'm currently an editor for a political organization. Hope it won't be a problem. :) 

My query. If I have critiqued yours, I would appreciate a glance at mine! :) 

#3 Splendor

Splendor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS South

Posted 20 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

I wouldn't mind reading the first chapter. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Historical Fiction, Romance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users