#1 Jennie3392

Jennie3392

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

My historical fiction / romance novel, Kateri, is complete at 72,000 words.  I am looking for quality beta readers to give honest, useful feedback.  I have revised and edited repeatedly, and I believe it is ready.  I've come as far as I can on my own and am now very interested in swapping stories.  

I am unpublished and unagented; however, I am a former Communication Arts instructor, so I would hope that I would be able to provide useful, constructive suggestions.  I read women's fiction, romance, historical fiction, chick lit, some YA (depending on theme).  I do not read anything that is supernatural whether this is explicit or implied.  I do not read erotica.  Aside from that, I am fairly open.  Hopefully, we can get together.

Kateri is set in the early Gold Rush years and the basic premise of the novel is as follows:

When a half-breed infant is saved through a single act of compassion, the course of her life is forever altered.  Young Kateri is relatively happy with Granny Cole, although she lives in seclusion.  But, when an agreement of years ago brings her back to the Caldwell brothers, confusion reigns.  Kateri yearns only for a place where acceptance is possible.  Could California be the answer?  And what of the man who follows her there?

If you are interested, please e-mail me at JRWaschenbecker@gmail.com with a description of your work and progress.  Thanks very much!

#2 Sassalota

Sassalota

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self Published Novel, Ruby in the Water under the pen name J.P. Sterling.

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:29 AM

Hi Jennie - I PMed you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users