#1 jamills08

jamills08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

I know I'm new and looking for a beta, but from what i have experienced it takes a while to find beta readers. I am up for swaping novels!

I am on my second, third, fourth draft of my contemporary fiction/paranormal..80,000 words. Below is a short description. If you think you have the time and also need some critiquing, I'm your gal!

Trent leaves his wife, Makenzie, with the responsibility of a few hefty financial investments. His death is unexpected and suspicious, but so are the investments. His body has departed this life, but his spirit is stuck drifting in and out of Makenzie's as she raises their daughter and finds comfort with his ex-best friend. Trent and Makenzie attempt to find peace and answers to his death.

#2 RG Christmas

RG Christmas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS South

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

I would be interested in swapping novels, but I would like to try maybe a chapter or two up front or even 25 pages.  Would you be interested? 

My novel is a 97,000 word YA Sci-fi.  I have completed 6 full drafts and believe I have taken it as far as I can without help.  This is my first novel and I am retired with time to review others, although, I leave my weekends open for things other than writing. 

Below is the first paragraph of my query that keeps me struggling.  Ugh!

A lesson in Zach and Zane’s high school science class explores Benjamin Franklin’s electrical research and the famous kite experiment.  Fascinated with the lightning experiment they fly a kite from their father’s time machine, which they believe is only a mobile laboratory.  When the lightning transports them to 1752 they witness the famed experiment first hand.  But it’s their intervention with time that causes their biggest problem and erases an epic period of Benjamin’s history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users