Disclaimer

Photo

I don't know wether my character is a psychopath, sociopath or narcissist.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Roonil Wazlib

Roonil Wazlib

Expert Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:I've been published at InMyHead Publications and at Iwish.com

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Please move this topic if its in the wrong section D:

Hi guys, so I don't know wether my character is a psychopath, sociopath or narcissist.

He is
Charming
No fear
Confident
Quick to anger
Self-centered
Hallow on the inside
Lack of empathy
Attention Seeking
Gets board easily
Thirst for Power and Control
Feels Superior too all
Egocentric & Grandiose
Manipulates to get what he wants
Feels no guilt or shame
Doesn’t care for violence, but will use it to get what he wants (power)
Plans ahead and executes well thought out plans
Can sometimes be impulsive
Is a murderer. Killed his father and brother (as a means to an end) (impulsive)
Kills others (for the joy of killing) (planned)
Can’t form bonds with others
Competitive
He can recognize love, but doesn’t understand it.

He feels empty and hallow, and passes the time trying to fill the void with sex, sport, food, etc...

When he meets Isolayde, he quickly becomes infatuated with her, believing that she is the thing that can fill the void inside him.
    When he realizes that this is not the case, that she can’t fulfill the intended purpose, he can’t bring himself to discard her, (like he had with every other person or thing that stopped giving him joy) even though her usefulness is gone.
    He doesn’t care for her. She cant give him what he wants, but he can’t bring himself to discard her either. He still wants her, and this baffles him.
    He doesn’t love her. He abuses her, physically and emotionally. He doesn't understand why he still wants her, thus, becoming emotionally unstable, loosing his grip on reality and loosing his power.

If anyone has some good sources that I could go to to figure out where he fits in, that would be amazing, because i’m trying to write my premise for class, and I don’t know which box to put him in. The internet is so confusing. Thanks guys :)

Hi, the name is Shannon :) Roonil Wazlib is just my love of Harry Potter coming though :P

#2 kdschar

kdschar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-published the prequel to my trilogy through CreateSpace. Will have a print copy offered soon! Current copy can be bought on Amazon.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

Sounds like he's primarily a psychopath, especially if he's charming and more controlled. Impulses are still "allowed," just should be rare. I think his introspection and knowledge of his flaws would remove any narcissism, simply because most narcissists either don't think anything is wrong with them, or, if accused of narcissism, embrace it rather than try to change it.

Author of Cursed 51HcA4cJpKL._SL500_AA130_.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users