Disclaimer

Photo
- - - - -

Revision with agent -- when to reach out?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 spauff

spauff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Newspaper articles, columns and blog posts, but no published fiction...yet.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

Back in April, I started talking with an agent who really liked my book. She asked for some revisions at the end of April. I made them and sent her the revised MS near the end of May.

I haven't heard anything back since then. Not even a note letting me know they got the revised MS.

How soon should I reach out and contact them? I know it's summer and things are slow, so I didn't expect to hear anything for at least a month. But I'm starting to get nervous now -- should I be?

#2 dogsbody

dogsbody

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:50 AM

I'd just send an email to that effect: "Hi, I understand there might be a longer wait to hear your take on the revisions themselves, but I'm just checking to make sure you received them. Thank you for your time!" 

Six weeks? Ish? Is not that long to wait on hearing about a full -- at all -- but you never want to discount how technology might make an oops. 

#3 smithgirl

smithgirl

smithgirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:27 PM

I agree that 6 weeks isn't a really long time in the agent world; still, I think you could definitely check back. 

Maybe this is a dead thread, but I wanted to tell you that it happens, not so uncommonly, that agents request revisions but then never get back. Just FYI. I hope in your case the agent did respond.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users