2 replies to this topic

#1 Maggieway

Maggieway

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:Complete novice but I wrote a 95,000 novel for practice (I don't intend to publish it just yet as its not to the style I want to be known for)

Currently writing a romance novel which will finish at around 75,000 words which I intend to turn into a series (at least one sequel)

Posted 11 July 2017 - 05:16 AM

Mia finally gets to be with the one that got away – on one condition. She has to become the other woman.

Thoughts?

I've been toying with the idea of summarising the plot but let me know if this piques your interest.

All feedback welcome

#2 kailam

kailam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:Unpublished.

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

Hi Maggie,

I like this but think it needs a bit more fleshing out. Who is Mia? Who or what is she getting away from? What will happen if she doesn't go along with becoming the other woman?

#3 JoQwerty

JoQwerty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:28 AM

Mia finally gets to be with the one that got away – on one condition. She has to become the other woman.

It is hard to envision how the story will unfold. It could be a body-switch comedy, i.e., a story in which Mia's mind and soul are transfered from her body to the other woman's body. It could also be a story about a makeup artist who disguises herself as the other woman in order to get her lost boyfriend back. And then it could be a story in which the man forces the woman to change her behavior, her dress and her entire life until she pleases him, but then she finds she is no longer herself.

In other words, your hook needs a bit more precision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users