booksbybrendan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Nadda!

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:43 PM

I'm a writer that's been banging their head against the wall for several years attempting to learn how to make a good manuscript. Now that I've achieved an acceptably mediocre skill level, I'm beginning my journey toward publication. First stop: agent town (hopefully). Can't wait to learn with ya'll! Nice to meet you!

#2 bigblackcat97

bigblackcat97

BOOGA BOOGA

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,046 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Six published novels across Harper Collins and Penguin Random House. See my signature for titles.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

Welcome, Brendan!

"Establishing the accuracy of quotes found on the internet is extraordinarily difficult." - Jane Austen

13112869.jpg   DUSt+Smaller.jpeg  24376529.jpg  25812109.jpg 25314447.jpg 30249925.jpg

@MindyMcGinnis

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Blog

Writer, Writer, Pants on Fire Podcast

#3 Michi MacMichael

Michi MacMichael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:06 AM

Look into some books about writing.  The nuts and bolts is one thing, but other concepts such as proportion and sophistication are important as well.  There are many books, but if you need just one and only one (besides Strunk and White's The Elements of Style) I would suggest Self-Editing for Fiction Writers by Browne and King.  Who knows?  It might even be on the Kindle by now :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users