#1 Spaulding

Spaulding

Frumpy Old Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Nothing but a couple of nonfiction articles ages ago.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:38 PM

I was going to find the contact form to ask a mod, but then I figured I can't be so unique that others haven't wondered too.

So, here's my dilemma. Back in autumn 2015, I was working on my query on this site. My husband had a massive heart attack and a slow recovery. (He's home and has hit that beautiful moment where his cardiologist considers him a normal cardiac patient. :)) Trying to publish the novel was sidelined.

I'm back. Do I start from where I was way back when, or start a new post?

If I helped you, please critique my query -- The Comfort Ban.

Or the synopsis. (If you're in a particularly cheery mood, I'll accept a crit for both. Better yet, if you're in a foul mood, take it out on both.  :wink: )

#2 Pen

Pen

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

If you can still find your post I'd say pick up where you left off. There's a lot of delayed responses on this site. I've seen things on this place go unanswered for years, years.

So really it's up to you.

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,602 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I agree with Pen. But more importantly, I hope your husband continues to recover. A "normal" cardiac patient is still a cardiac patient. It takes time, but a full recovery is possible. Best of luck to him and to you; it's never just one person affected.

#4 Spaulding

Spaulding

Frumpy Old Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

I was thinking thank you. Sorry. Just notice I didn't type it out so you'd know.

Thank you!

I wonder where I can find it again. (Glancing at my signy. lol)

Or the synopsis. (If you're in a particularly cheery mood, I'll accept a crit for both. Better yet, if you're in a foul mood, take it out on both.  :wink: )

#5 Spaulding

Spaulding

Frumpy Old Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:10 PM

Yeesh! This is dumb. I can find my old post. (Signie helped.) I just have no idea how to update it to newest revision hint at the title of it.

And, because I know this won't be the last time I forgot how this works, where do I find the instructions section for AQ?  :blush:

#6 Spaulding

Spaulding

Frumpy Old Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

Never mind. Found it.

#7 Michi MacMichael

Michi MacMichael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 10 August 2017 - 01:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your husband although I'm glad that he is recovering well.

I thought there would be a link from AQC back to AQ, but I could not find one.  I got there by doing a Google search and now have both bookmarked.

As far as the query, are you saying that you have revised your story over the past couple years and now you want the query to reflect that?  Also, since you found the old one, did you also find input to it?  If not then using the old post may not be important.  I'd revise your query and make a new post.  Just my gut reaction since a long delay probably means you have lost focus on where you were.  Redoing is a good way to find that focus again.

#8 Spaulding

Spaulding

Frumpy Old Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 10 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Sorry to hear about your husband although I'm glad that he is recovering well.

I thought there would be a link from AQC back to AQ, but I could not find one.  I got there by doing a Google search and now have both bookmarked.

As far as the query, are you saying that you have revised your story over the past couple years and now you want the query to reflect that?  Also, since you found the old one, did you also find input to it?  If not then using the old post may not be important.  I'd revise your query and make a new post.  Just my gut reaction since a long delay probably means you have lost focus on where you were.  Redoing is a good way to find that focus again.

I checked the ms again when everything quieted down finally. It's still ready to go, so I did figure out how to reload the title, and start up on the query again. 

I'm not just getting back into this, my other delay has been getting my agent list finished, (finally getting to the end of the list), and writing some short stories related to the book to create a blog for the book, (and then hopefully the heptalogy.) So my mind is back into writing again. I did have to get the cobwebs out, but I'm back and the query is getting more response again.

Thanks though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users