Disclaimer

Photo
- - - - -

I Am Not There, I Did Not Die (Pets, Self-Help)

Non-Fiction

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Careygram

Careygram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:55 AM

I'm nervous as hell but what have I got to lose?  Thank you in advance for any input on this first-time query. I will be sure to return the favor.

Debbie

Dear (Agent),

I have identified you as an agent specializes in the genre and subject matter for the book I have written titled “I Am Not There, I Did Not Die”.  The manuscript is a 113 page, twenty-nine-thousand-word document.

When I impulse-adopted my feisty Canaan dog Patches, I never expected to love so selflessly or grieve so deeply as a result of our battle with canine osteosarcoma.

I adopted my two dogs from a local shelter.  The last thing on my mind as I was adopting them was losing them.  I was naïve as a first-time dog parent.  Over 8 years, I got to see my adopted Canaan dog, Patches, go from a food-aggressive, rough-around-the-edges dog to a joyful and loving dog, secure with the knowledge that she was loved and that food would always be plentiful.  I was woefully unprepared for her diagnosis of osteosarcoma.  I was terrified from the moment of diagnosis and found of a wealth of information regarding the mechanics of how to manage the battle with this disease on the internet.  What I could not find was a resource that explained how I might feel during the journey, a resource that would help me deal with the fear and sadness I would feel at 3am while watching my dog sleep as I could not.  No “how to” on managing and processing the day to day emotions and stresses of having a three-legged dog on chemotherapy.  No information on how you’ll feel during the battle with this horrific disease, even if you know what to expect.  This book tells the story of our journey and gives you a look inside my mind about what day-to-day life is like when caring for a pet with a terminal illness.  It is for anyone who is alone on their emotional island in the middle of the night, scared and dreading what the next day might bring. I hope my story provides some relief and healing from the grief that begins long before the battle is over.

I am a Registered Dietitian with an MBA and a dedicated employee of Johnson and Johnson for 26 years.  I have counseled numerous patients and clients on nutrition for healing and maintaining their health and wellness.  This is my first foray into self-help through a shared experience.  I am a huge animal advocate who propagates the “Adopt Don’t Shop” tenet.  I previously produced The Girlystuff Podcast which garnered well over 100,000 hits while active and started a well-read blog on Tripawds.com.  Encouraged by my peers, I decided to put into words a tribute for my beloved, brave little girl.   

Thank you so much for taking the time to consider my submission.  I have attached a table of contents and sample chapters for your consideration. I have a competitive title analysis, pet industry and canine osteosarcoma facts, and full manuscript available upon request.  

Sincerely,

DC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Non-Fiction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users