#1 speedchuck

speedchuck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:31 AM

Here is the link to the call for submission.

I plan on probably submitting a book to this. I looked up the publisher and they seem decently legitimate. The only question I have is this:

What is a letter of interest? And what does it mean if the publisher already has your manuscript on hand?

#2 Qnique Sincere

Qnique Sincere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 15 August 2017 - 01:15 PM

letter of interest I'm not quite sure. maybe they are referring to a query letter but agents or publishers def would want to know who else has your material incase its a winner . than its a competition for them rather than you trying to get signed.

#3 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:36 PM

Just submitted to this. Will be interesting to see what happens.

#4 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,050 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, written as Victoria Gilbert. 1st book -- A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS -- releasing from Crooked Lane Books in December 2017. Book Two -- SHELVED UNDER MURDER -- will be published in July 2018 and untitled as of yet book three in Jan. or Feb. 2019.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

Sounds like "letter of interest" means the agent/editor will be sending letters indicating her interest in the manuscripts she likes, and only that. So -- no rejection letters. Just letters to the authors she's interested in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users