#1 jaustail

jaustail

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:Foliate Oak Literary Magazine, Literary Orphans Magazine.

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

My book is a space opera. All the planets are fighting among each other. Main Battle is between bully Jupiter who wants to invade solar system and Pluto.

I've thought of Jupiter's Ambition, but this sounds childish.

I thought my book was MG but a beta reader said it's for adults. So i don't want to go with Jupiter's Ambition.

Any title suggestions?

Pluto Fights Back

Planet Wars

Battle of Planets

#2 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

The only warning I'd have with using Jupiter in the name, is the possible linking in people's minds with the failed movie Jupiter Ascending. This is possible even a bigger issue if you have it as scifi, I'd also kick away Planet Wars, as this sounds a bit generic and like a Star Wars ripoff -especially if you're planning to query it-.

#3 jaustail

jaustail

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:Foliate Oak Literary Magazine, Literary Orphans Magazine.

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:24 AM

How about Wall of Ice... since the main opposition to Jupiter is Pluto. The leader of Pluto has the power of ice beams.

I was thinking:

Determination of Ice

Grit of Ice

Ice Grit

or

Space Coronation

From Prince To King

Since it's about the journey of a boy/prince to a warrior/king.

#4 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:09 PM

I actually really like your very first suggestion. For some reason Wall of Ice, just sounds awesome to me. Especially when thinking of Pluto in both astronomical terms, and also mythological terms.

#5 ABerman

ABerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 01 November 2017 - 01:13 AM

Honestly I'd go with Jupiter's Ambition.  Sounds the most interesting at first glance.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users