Jonas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

Hey everyone,

I am excited to be here, I started writing about a year ago and have completed one book. The 2nd draft of the follow up is completed. The process of being published is long and hard. My mom was published when I was in 3rd grade and she has been a great resource but I have much more to learn. 

My biggest mistake was I sent out my manuscript before it was ready, I thought it was ready and I feel I shot myself in the foot a bit but I am learning. Gotta keep going, I am here just to learn. So, hopefully I will run into a lot of you guys!!

#2 Aneta

Aneta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationEurope

Posted 17 September 2017 - 01:30 AM

Hey,

I'm new here too and already find the community very helpful. Regret I didn't think of joining in earlier.

My biggest mistake was I sent out my manuscript before it was ready, I thought it was ready and I feel I shot myself in the foot a bit but I am learning.

That's something a lot of us have done, unfortunately. What I've learnt so far is that I give the MS some time to rest, so to speak. When you get back to it later, it's more likely to spot what needs editing. But it's still a hell of a work to edit your own writing.

#3 Michi MacMichael

Michi MacMichael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 20 September 2017 - 12:35 AM

Hopefully that's just a BB you used and not a .44 magnum.  If the story is good even if the writing may need to be, shall we say, enhanced, odds are you can right the boat.  Welcome home, so to speak.  Lots are in that boat with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users