#1 JordanTheNinja

JordanTheNinja

The Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Published in a magazine.

Posted 12 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hello!

It's been awhile since I've browsed through these forums; I really miss being on here! 

To get to the point, I just released my book via Amazon and am planning another book release sometime next year. I want to really build my online presence (and I mostly use Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to market and raise awareness) but I want to expand. I really want to become a better marketer for my books as they release. I don't plan on using Amazon forever, but I feel that they are a good starting point for getting my work out to the public. I've done the free book promos and such, but I'm definitely not up to where I could be in terms of marketing. Before I release this new book, I want to have some sort of established presence.

What media outlets/forums/etc. do you guys use to promote your stuff? I'm just wanting to take in some ideas and tips from people who have been doing this a lot longer than myself.

Thank you guys!

Through trials comes triumph.

My social media:

Twitter: JordanAdams1128

Instagram: jordan_adams1128 (I post too many selfies, but also some writing  :cool: )

Snapchat: jordan_adams7

#2 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 12 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

I've heard a lot of people using http://noisetrade.com/

I believe it started more to promote music, but I know they include books as well now. You can give away the first couple chapters in order to build an email list and a much bigger audience.

#3 Emily804

Emily804

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

Try reading: The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published: How to Write It, Sell It, and Market It . . . Successfully

Most of it just talks about marketing. 

Twitter, Instagram and Facebook are good starting places but you should also consider creating a website or blog if you don't already have one. 

Query Compatibility YA sci-fi: http://agentquerycon...lity-ya-sci-fi/

#4 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,772 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:10 AM

I'm still working on this myself, but I do find value in building my own mailing list. The chief value of it is that it's MY mailing list; we don't get buyer information from Amazon, so having email addresses and being able to track any sort of trends from individual readers/customers is valuable in and of itself.

But I'm a bit late in the game on this count, and I've always been more writer-focused with my publishing company than reader/customer-focused. So I've undergone a lot of trial and error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users