3 replies to this topic

#1 hkates

hkates

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published
  • LocationEurope
  • Publishing Experience:Just signed a deal with Blaze Publishing for a middle grade series. Have published through various professional publications; edited and wrote for the underground satire, THE LOG.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:31 AM

Just signed a deal with Blaze Publishing! PATEL PATTERSON AND THE APOCALYPSE KEY debuts 9 October, 2018. 

I received 9 full reads and two publishing deals with this query. Check out my blog (thenewbieauthor.com) or my author page (www.facebook.com/authorhkates) for detailed descriptions about how I got here. Feel free to message me with any questions! I love nothing more than to help other authors.  :smile: 

When 12-year-old Patel Patterson is orphaned by a cape buffalo stampede, he is plucked from Mumbai to live with his estranged Aunt Gilly in rural Illinois. American culture is a shock, but the last thing he expects is to live in a creepy, garlic-fumed mansion with a misanthropic recluse. Gilly claims to be a financier, but what sort of banker leaves for weeks on end, returns with bloodstained clothing, and receives a stream of cloaked houseguests in the dead of night?

After an undead motorcycle gang attacks the house, Gilly is forced to admit the truth: she is actually a world-renowned monster hunter on a mission to defeat the King of Death and his legion of mythical monsters. Gilly has every intention of shielding Patel from the magical world, but when her curious nephew accidentally swallows an enchanted key, he becomes the linchpin in the King’s plan to unleash the apocalypse. The King’s minions capture Gilly as she tries to defend her nephew, and Patel must decide whether or not to abandon her to certain death or risk his own capture—and dooming all of mankind—in a go-for-broke rescue mission.

Being the new kid from India is hard, but Patel soon finds that it is much harder being the new kid in an ancient struggle between humans and monsters. If he is going to save the world and free his aunt, he will have to team up with a shyster djinn, conquer a magical sushi-go-round, and use the power of math to outwit the legions that hunt him.

PATEL PATTERSON AND THE APOCALYPSE KEY is a 73,000-word middle grade fantasy with the thrills of the Seven Wonders series and the quirky humor of NIMONA. This is a standalone with series potential. Though I have never wrangled werewolves, I have lived in India and hunted pirates off the coast of Africa during my time as a naval officer. Thank you for your time and consideration.

#2 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

Congrats!

#3 jaustail

jaustail

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:Foliate Oak Literary Magazine, Literary Orphans Magazine.

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:36 AM

Congrats!!

#4 swiftleigh

swiftleigh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

This is fantastic! Congrats! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic