#1 DHTSFWriter

DHTSFWriter

Over The Top

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have published three works. Two novels and one graphic novel. You can find me on Amazon, Nook and Comixology.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:12 PM

I mistakenly posted a synposis in the query room. But thanks to Micronesa I have edited it to eliminate errors. 

Nightstorm City is a neon metropolis built by a malevolent corporation called Nightstorm Industries, that also builds a type of automaton called the bioform or ‘cartoon character’. Remy, a young farmboy is paired with his sister Angela are the N-51 type of toon. A pajama-clad night on the town ends up with them getting into a barfight, meeting a transvestite and crashing a high-class party. They depart via ship to a tv production studio out in the west to star in a show.

The ship is attacked by anti-aircraft missiles and crashes into the forest. After hiking for untold miles, the siblings happen upon a horrifying discovery. The broken and mutilated bodies of N-50 toons pile high over the forest, historically they have been told that the N-50s were ‘decommissioned’. Before they can contemplate what to do, some rag-tag vehicles driven by ‘toonhunters’ chase them to a farm house.

The youngsters room with an old lady named Etta and her granddaughter Louise and enjoy the country life. Still the vision of dead bodies sticks in their minds in spite of having a good time with rural living. Angela, upon hearing rumors goes and finds other mass graves. The gang is captured to fight a large monster in an arena.

Everyone escapes to Nightstorm City to celebrity thrusted upon themselves. School and urban life doesn’t quell the pain of seeing the dead. While attending a convention, Minobull, Gaila and Brown Cat, agents of a separatist terrorist group called ‘New Humanity’ burst in to deliver a message. They are driven off in a battle that is capture around the world. Aerius, a former designer turned terrorist meets with the Foundation for Equality of Artifical Life or (FEAL). Feal is trying to steer them in a peaceful direction, warning terrorism will cloud their goals.

Remy seeks guidance from the designer of the N-51 toons on how to deal with the trauma. He must choose to do the right thing and divide his people, or keep it within and bloodshed. The media throws him a curveball when the company announces it will stop decommissioning, then reintegrate the N-50s into society. It seems Nightstorm Industries has made the decision for him.

The controversy divides the populace anyway, some toons want separation from humans, causing the city to fall into bedlam. Calls for peace are unheeded as violence and destruction befall the neighborhoods. Remy and Angela go home to regenerate for the next three weeks.

Minobull, Gaila and Brown Cat attack the habitat and kidnap Remy and his friends. Angela zooms into the night to save them. Remy and Angela engage in a grand battle that results in Minobull and Gaila being defeated, and Remy being injured. Despire the animosity Remy says some inspiring words to Minobull before he dies.

The injured Remy insists on being driven to a radio station in spite of calls to go to hospital. At the station he delivers a message of peace that calms the populace and ebbs the violence. As the city reels from the destruction Remy is healed and gets good news. They all will be going to live with the old lady that roomed them in the country. Out there Angela wonders about the future.

#2 DHTSFWriter

DHTSFWriter

Over The Top

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have published three works. Two novels and one graphic novel. You can find me on Amazon, Nook and Comixology.

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Thanks to Micronesa, I have corrected my grammical errors.

#3 DHTSFWriter

DHTSFWriter

Over The Top

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:00 PM

A new and improved synposis

Nightstorm City is an international mecca built by the malevolent Nightstorm Industries. Specializing in cybernetics it makes the N-51 bioform, or ‘cartoon character’ automaton. A company insider risks his life to smuggle out information, that it’s going to decommission the previous N-50s despite protests.

Remy is a young farmboy who lives in the city with his sister Angela. Both are N-51 toons designed for a tv studio. Bored they find themselves pajama-clad and out on a town. After a barfight, meeting a transvestite and crashing a high-class party. The toons are shipped out to the west.

The ship is attacked and crashes into the forest and the gang hikes for untold miles. Upon a clearing they make a horrifying discovery. The mutilated piles of bodies once N-50 toons are piled high. The company has historically told everyone the N-50s are given to low level companies.

Before they can contemplate how to deal with this. The gang is chased through the plains by ‘toonhunters’. An old lady saves and rooms them in her old country home at a winery. Living the rural life of partying, swimming and farm work doesn’t ease their minds. Angela goes into the forest amid rumors of more mass graves.

The gang is kidnapped by ‘toonhunters’ and taken to an arena where they must fight for their lives. After defeating a monster, the kids escape to Nightstorm City only to find themselves celebrities. Remy and Angela battle Minobull, Gaila and Brown Cat at a convention for AI. The terrorists are agents for a separatist group called ‘New Humanity’, who want separation of toons and humans. Later that night an AI right organization called FEAL(Foundation for Equality of Artificial Life) try to steer them to a peaceful solution.

Remy is disquieted by the mass graves and seeks out guidance from the N-51 designer. The boy must do the right thing and tell the world, or keep it a secret and the suffering continues. He does the right thing and prepares to tell the world.

Life throws Remy a curveball! It has been reported that Nightstorm Industries has started reintegrating N-50s back into society. This after the media got hold of the images in Remy’s mind. 

But everything isn’t smooth as people wish it could be. Violence between toons and humans break.

Outbreaks of destruction and bedlam spread across the city turning into a full-scale riot. Seemingly safe in the habitats Remy and Angela go into regeneration for a month. One-week later Remy and his friends are kidnapped by New Humanity, leaving Angela to be their only hope for rescue.

Angela zooms into the night searching for her brother and friends. Siblings end up in battle with Minobull and Gaila killing them, resulting in Remy getting injured. Despite his wounds, Remy wants to be taken to the radio station.

Remy is helped into the station and delivers a speech that quells the fires of violence in the city. Over the next week Remy is healed and gets good news. The old lady in the country house will adopt all of them, so they fly out there to start new lives.

Angela sits on the porch looking up at the stars, wondering what the future holds.

#4 SnowFox23

SnowFox23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:43 AM

Nightstorm City is an international mecca built by the malevolent Nightstorm Industries. Specializing in cybernetics it makes the N-51 bioform, or ‘cartoon character’ automaton.

A company insider risks his life to smuggle out information, that it’s going to decommission the previous N-50s despite protests.  I have no idea what this means

Remy is a young farmboy who lives in the city with his sister Angela. Both are N-51 toons designed for a tv studio. Bored they find themselves pajama-clad and out on a town. After a barfight, meeting a transvestite and crashing a high-class party. The toons are shipped out to the west.

The ship is attacked and crashes into the forest and the gang hikes for untold miles. Upon a clearing they make a horrifying discovery. The mutilated piles of bodies once N-50 toons are piled high. The company has historically told everyone the N-50s are given to low level companies.

Before they can contemplate how to deal with this. The gang is chased through the plains by ‘toonhunters’. An old lady saves and rooms them in her old country home at a winery. Living the rural life of partying, swimming and farm work doesn’t ease their minds. Angela goes into the forest amid rumors of more mass graves.

The gang is kidnapped by ‘toonhunters’ and taken to an arena where they must fight for their lives. After defeating a monster, the kids escape to Nightstorm City only to find themselves celebrities. Remy and Angela battle Minobull, Gaila and Brown Cat at a convention for AI. The terrorists are agents for a separatist group called ‘New Humanity’, who want separation of toons and humans. Later that night an AI right organization called FEAL(Foundation for Equality of Artificial Life) try to steer them to a peaceful solution.

Remy is disquieted by the mass graves and seeks out guidance from the N-51 designer. The boy must do the right thing and tell the world, or keep it a secret and the suffering continues. He does the right thing and prepares to tell the world.

Life throws Remy a curveball! It has been reported that Nightstorm Industries has started reintegrating N-50s back into society. This after the media got hold of the images in Remy’s mind. 

But everything isn’t smooth as people wish it could be. Violence between toons and humans break.

Outbreaks of destruction and bedlam spread across the city turning into a full-scale riot. Seemingly safe in the habitats Remy and Angela go into regeneration for a month. One-week later Remy and his friends are kidnapped by New Humanity, leaving Angela to be their only hope for rescue.

Angela zooms into the night searching for her brother and friends. Siblings end up in battle with Minobull and Gaila killing them, resulting in Remy getting injured. Despite his wounds, Remy wants to be taken to the radio station.

Remy is helped into the station and delivers a speech that quells the fires of violence in the city. Over the next week Remy is healed and gets good news. The old lady in the country house will adopt all of them, so they fly out there to start new lives.

Angela sits on the porch looking up at the stars, wondering what the future holds.

Okay. So, I read your synopsis three times, and I just don't understand your story at all. It might help if I knew the genre and age group. I think it's YA Sci-Fi?

I think you need to simplify. I still don't know if being a N-51 is an awesome thing, or terrible. Also, what is an N-50?

What is being a toon, exactly?

If you can find a way to explain this, it would help simplify the story, making it easier for the reader to understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users