Disclaimer

Photo

Got my first personalized rejection for new project.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

After eight form rejections, I finally got a personalized one. Hope she actually meant her kind words.

"Thank you for sending me chapters from your novel which I enjoyed reading. I found it interesting, very funny and original but, sadly, it is not suitable for my current list so I am unable to consider representing it at this time.

I wish you every success in placing it elsewhere, and regret that I am unable to enter into any further correspondence about this project."

I was feeling pretty bad about the hopes for this project (especially after my first novel was rejected to the point of being a tragic comedy), but this gave me a little hope that someone else will enjoy it and have a good space for me on their client list!

#2 Gibber

Gibber

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Tooling around in fanfiction until shit got real.

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:53 PM

If an agent takes the time to write something personalized when they could have sent a form rejection, they mean it. Congrats, even though it's a rejection (it's such a ridiculously subjective field; what one agent rejects an ms for, another will request the full for).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users