hlaver27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

Hi there,

I'm looking for somebody who would like to critique my 49k word novella, MARBLE SHORES.  I've edited it through about 4 times, however I'm still concerned that there is not enough tension in the plot; not enough "at stake."  

The story surrounds the life of Calvin, who is a young man living in modern day San Francisco.  His overarching existential crisis only worsens when his friend is diagnosed with cancer, and he meets the woman of his dreams who is unavailable.  After his diagnosis, Ike, the friend, begins appearing in Calvin's dreams offering abstract advice.  As Calvin begins to see parallels between the dream-state guidance and the real events of his life, he is sent down a path of life lessons and moral forewarnings that steer his life in a different direction.  

If this sounds interesting to you, I would be more than happy to return the favor and critique something that you have done.  Let me know, thank you!

#2 Kryista

Kryista

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:My first book is now on Kindle. Whisper of the Mist. If you are looking for an interesting read, go check it out! :)

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Your story premise does sound intriguing. If you are still looking for a critique partner, let me know. I have a full MS that I need a fresh pair of eyes on before I send it out to agents again. I have just got back into the swing of things after a long absence. 

If anyone has a moment to spare, I, too, am in need of a critique. Thanks for the help!

http://agentqueryconnect.com/index.php?/topic/16613-mustnt-tell-ya-suspense/

Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook...authorkjohnston

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users