Burnt Coffee Bean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published
  • LocationUS Midwest
  • Publishing Experience:Self-Published

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

I've has this fantasy sitting on the back burner for a bit. I like it, but I don't feel as strongly about it. I feel like it's missing something, but I don't know what. I'm hoping to get some fresh eyes on it.

It's about a young woman training to become a warrior of her village. She's the only woman remaining in the training, and everyone expects her to give up and marry like all the other girls have done. She takes a short cut through a pass in the woods and stumbles across a druid - a legendary begin feared by the village - but they end up being friends; they must band together to save the village and the forest from the magic that seems to be frothing. 

I know that's not the best description. I don't have an "official" summary as of yet. 

I spent a weekend revising it and changing a lot about the main character - but after I let those revisions set, I'm not so sure about it. I need someone else to ask these life-determining questions. 

In exchange, I'm willing to read just about anything. I'd like someone into fantasy and okay with romance to read it over. I'm best with fantasy in the older YA range and the A range, or that strange NA range. 

Or (this thought occurred to me five minutes after the post) if someone has a few chapters they'd like to swap, that's fine. I'd love for someone to read through the first chapter or two of the old draft and the new draft to see which concept is better or worse. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users