Disclaimer

Photo

Can you be a bit familiar with an agent during request?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SnowFox23

SnowFox23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, in-between agents
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:12 PM

So, this one agent has requested from me twice now (for 2 different YA books). I know she probably won't remember she has requested from me before, but obviously I want her to.

Is it inappropriate to send her the requested materials and be like, "Thank you for requesting my book, "Maven.". You have previously requested for my other manuscript, The Honoured Society.

? Is that ok, do you think? Or do I just let it go and send her what she wants without a personalised response?

#2 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 175 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:37 AM

I've done this before, and I actually think it's a good thing. Anything you can do to remind them that they've considered you before is a huge plus in my opinion. This is especially true if they give you the "This book isn't quite a fit for us, but we'd love to see anything you have in the future" sort of rejection.

#3 Gibber

Gibber

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Literary Status:agented
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Tooling around in fanfiction until shit got real.

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:55 AM

If they've requested twice before, they'll probably remember you with some nudging. I think what you posted here works just fine (I also added stuff like that for agents that had requested from me before).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users