brosesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

Hi all,

I am new here and have hit a point with my manuscript of wanting to send it out to agents but unsure if its ready..

It is just under 60,000w and probably fits under a borderline fantasy/magical realism and literary genre. It is the story of Jonquil, an adolescent girl embroiled in local arson offences and whose fascination with the icons in her local church generates the interest of rebellious priest, Father Samuel. After details of Jonquil’s abusive past become known, the church is burned down and Jonquil is immediately suspected. The extent of Jonquil’s identity dissociation is explored through a symbolic nested narrative that draws upon archetypes within Jonquil’s psyche. The effects of such dissociation prove crucial in uncovering an explanation for Jonquil’s role in the fire. 

I'd be willing to read anything and am happy to start slow if anyone wants to swap chapters etc. Just hoping for a fresh perspective. 

Thanks!!

#2 ABerman

ABerman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 31 October 2017 - 10:54 PM

Sure man, I'd be happy to swap with you.  I'm at about the same point with my last manuscript, not sure if it's good enough to send out to agents or what parts need to be cut down/rearranged.  

#3 brosesa

brosesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 01 November 2017 - 05:07 AM

Have sent you a PM :) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users