1 reply to this topic

#1 AuthorAuthor

AuthorAuthor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Successfully self-published author/speaker who has come to the realization that one really needs an agent to get to the next level.

Posted 24 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

Hi everyone,

Has anyone self-published then later became represented by an Agent and successfully traditionally published?

I self-published a non-fiction book a few years ago, had a little success in book signings, speaking, give-aways, had some good reviews online - but just couldn't break through to the next level.

Now, I want to update the book, find an Agent and get published the traditional way in preparation for a series of new books that I'm working on.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

-AA

#2 Springfield

Springfield

Find me at properediting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:47 AM

Most agents aren't interested in previously published works, because most publishers aren't. If your sales were in the many tens of thousands, you've got a better shot, but that can work against you too, as some can think that means it's played out. Lower, and you did a bunch of publicity, is not promising.

This is non-fic, which means your credentials and platform are important in your proposal. So... unlikely but not entirely impossible, but you'd be better off just focusing on the next book, imo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Non-Fiction, Traditional Publishing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users