#1 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

Let's be clear, I shouldn't be talking about this. Just saying.

For a year now, I've infiltrated and observed a tight knit group that has overseen the rise of the Bitcoin price from 1,000 USD to over 5,500 USD as of today.

None of it was illegal. That is the funniest part, funny in the sense that without the law and regulations currently in place, none of this could have ever happened.

In their little group, they have an owner of a top 5 volume crypto exchange, the 22nd richest man in ________, and a man simply called "Zero". I'm sure you all know Zero, knowingly or not. 

As for the reason I am even seeking an agent: I want this story to have the furthest reach possible, what went down this past year is something that everyone should hear about. I see movies like "the social network" and laugh at how it pales in comparison to the influence this small group had on the world as a whole.

Something else to consider, reputations are on the line. Some of these guys have conjured alter-egos for display within the public sector, pity if they were to be decrypted like a poorly written algorithm. The lengths that were traveled in order to protect their secrets belong in the Guinness book of world records (if there was a records book for something that broke every other record).

The stories I have to tell planted the seed that shaped billion dollar industries and made headlines across the world.

To be clear once again, none of what they did was malicious or brutish. In fact, the elegance is most certainly unparalleled. There are but a few events that can shape an entire century, and this is one of them.

I know they wouldn't want me to spill the beans.

Well, Zero would. 

-----------------------------

First agent that reaches out who seems like they know their stuff wins. I'll be deleting this as soon as possible. Thank you for the space and use of this forum.

EDIT: Location in profile is randomly chosen and not representative of my geographic location.

#2 Springfield

Springfield

Find me at properediting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:59 PM

I think you misunderstand the forum, and how agents work. You need to write a query, and have either a finished novel or a complete proposal, with sample chapters, full outline, all info, etc., if you're writing non-fic., which you send to agents. 

This certainly sounds like it has potential to attract attention, but it's not even clear you've written anything. What have you written?

#3 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:07 PM

Springfield, thanks for the reply. Details are on a need to know basis until publish date. Or at least until I can find someone I think I can trust, and even then I'd prefer to keep it close to the chest. I realize this is quite unorthodox, and if my style doesn't fit the slide rule for publisher acceptance - so be it.

Other than that, I aim to clarify as much as I can, once a private conversation with a potential agent/publisher is established. Posting further details on a public forum is simply out of the question, this is just me making my presence known.

#4 Springfield

Springfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

Springfield, thanks for the reply. Details are on a need to know basis until publish date. Or at least until I can find someone I think I can trust, and even then I'd prefer to keep it close to the chest. I realize this is quite unorthodox, and if my style doesn't fit the slide rule for publisher acceptance - so be it.

Other than that, I aim to clarify as much as I can, once a private conversation with a potential agent/publisher is established. Posting further details on a public forum is simply out of the question, this is just me making my presence known.

Yeah, but again, I think you don't understand how agents -- or publishers -- work. If you haven't written anything, no one is interested. 

If you have, you write a proposal and a query (presuming this is non-fic), or your entire thing if you're doing this as a novel. That's how it is. 

You're not going to have agents messaging you offering to represent... nothing? 

I've helped people with queries for memoirs about their very famous, very abusive parents. Those get attention too -- once they're written and were queried in the usual manner. If you know someone, you can go that way. Otherwise... normal manner. This WILL probably get attention, but not this way.

#5 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:32 PM

Springfield, I appreciate your wisdom on this. Like I said, if no one is interested here. I'll figure something else out. Gratitude for the advice.

I should also mention that I'm not doing this for money or fame. I just want to find the best outlet to release this story, so that it may be seen as legitimate. 

I can easily make this thing crawl itself across the web. But I don't want it to come out that way.  This isn't a gimmick, it's the greatest story of the decade. And something that will change all of our lives.

#6 Springfield

Springfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:07 AM

Springfield, I appreciate your wisdom on this. Like I said, if no one is interested here. I'll figure something else out. Gratitude for the advice.

I should also mention that I'm not doing this for money or fame. I just want to find the best outlet to release this story, so that it may be seen as legitimate. 

I can easily make this thing crawl itself across the web. But I don't want it to come out that way.  This isn't a gimmick, it's the greatest story of the decade. And something that will change all of our lives.

I ask again, have you actually written anything?

#7 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

Springfield. Delving further into details would need to happen within an official 1 on 1. Much gratitude for all the helpful info regardless. 

#8 Springfield

Springfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

Heh, I don't know how 'yes, I've got a finished manuscript,' 'no, I just have the idea, I thought an agent would find me someone to write it,' are details, but whatever.

I get you feel this is the most amazing story ever told, but the luckiest agent ever to live is not the one to get a pitch about bitcoin manipulation.  Agents get pitches all day long, some really interesting ones. Unless you have a personal relationship to an agent, you need a query. That's the end of it. 

If, as I suspect, you haven't written anything, and you really just want your story out there, a book is NOT the way to go. There's a much easier way to do this legitimately, which will garner news, not by posting shit online. 

But whatever, good luck. 

'

#9 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Springfield, once again thank you for your time, wisdom, and obvious experience. The luckiest agent ever is simply the truth. And I will not be providing more details as to what has been written on this public forum. That being said, I've already received a few offers and am weighing my options. Your help is much appreciated, sincerely.

#10 Springfield

Springfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

I'd think JKR's, Stephen King's, and several dozen agents with high profile clients might disagree but hey, maybe a bitcoin expose will just make them all sorry. 

I'd be very careful about those offers, and check into those people very carefully. 

Good luck.

#11 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 27 October 2017 - 02:07 AM

Everyone will be talking about this story in a years time. This isn't grandeur, this is a fact. 

Also thanks for the heads up on being careful who I speak with, fortunately I am naturally careful.

#12 Springfield

Springfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:59 AM

A year's time? See, if someone has indicated that, be wary, as that's well outside the norms for a timeline. 

The fastest acquisition I've ever seen was an agent pickup in under a week, and that agent sold the completed, polished manuscript to a Big Five house in less than two weeks time. There was a major movie deal within a couple months. 

The book was released around 20? months later.

Unless you've got a perfectly polished manuscript, or someone is talking about a very good, very, very expensive ghost, and presuming (which is quite the presumption) a house is going to shift their entire schedule AND shift not only their marketing team but goad their legal team (which in your case I'd presume would be of considerable concern) into some sort of slave labour conditions, a year does not seem likely. Anything is possible but again, I'd be very wary. 

#13 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:54 AM

Thanks again. Currently a little overwhelmed with people reaching out, trying to pick and choose the best offers. You say a year is too optimistic for someone to be offering?

#14 Springfield

Springfield

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:48 AM

It's not close to a realistic timeline in the publishing world, so I'd expect someone suggesting that to be able to explain to me, in exacting detail, why they'd be suggesting it and how they'd know every other entity involved was already on board with them without having discussed that. 

#15 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 28 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Yeah, they were able to provide the necessary details. thanks. 

#16 Remimoga

Remimoga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:I've never been published, but I hope to publish my work through Inkitt. They seem like a fine community.

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:51 PM

Mate, if you think this is gonna be the biggest story of the century, tell the news media. If you don't trust them (I know I can't), tell an independent reporter. Or reach out to overseas media. I'm sure that with the fame you'll garner from any event, a bestselling book on this subject will surely come your way.

#17 ranton

ranton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:none

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:38 AM

Contact Democracy Now .org if you want to get in touch with a reputable news source to help you spread this story. Have you gotten anywhere with a manuscript?

#18 sereneew

sereneew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

I want to know what agent would want to represent this... clearly people who are not in the crypto business would never understand but for someone who is , HUH. This would never help me become a billionaire like “Zero” LOL. And we don’t really care for the back story of Bitcoin, we care about making $$$. And TBH you’re not the first to spill the bean... there’s many many many more people that already have. LMAOOO but good luck :) you’ll need it.

If I helped please leave a feedback on my YA FANTASY QUERY http://agentquerycon...st-50/?p=350935

#19 Binary

Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 07 March 2018 - 05:40 PM

Contact Democracy Now .org if you want to get in touch with a reputable news source to help you spread this story. Have you gotten anywhere with a manuscript?

I have 3 different offers to publish so far, I have also finished/polished the book. 500+ pages, extremely detailed and delves deep into the darker aspects. Thank you for asking by the way, I plan to have this published ASAP now that I feel confident in its completion.

I want to know what agent would want to represent this... clearly people who are not in the crypto business would never understand but for someone who is , HUH. This would never help me become a billionaire like “Zero” LOL. And we don’t really care for the back story of Bitcoin, we care about making $$$. And TBH you’re not the first to spill the bean... there’s many many many more people that already have. LMAOOO but good luck :) you’ll need it.

I'm not quite sure what beans you're referring to, there were a total of ~10 people responsible for the most recent pump to 20k. Unless you were in our group, you have no idea what really happened (its not a tupip scenario - thats for sure). I don't say this to sound smug, its just the truth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users