#1 RRouth

RRouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 10 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

I'm on my 3rd rewrite of my MG adventure. Instead of focusing big picture stuff, I'm nitpicking dialogue and commas which means, I need someone to tell me what works and doesn't. I would love to find someone that I could swap chapters with for the entire novel and possibly, build a long-term CP situation. But I'd like to start with the first few chapters to see if we mesh.

I would prefer someone with a few finished works under their belt and who has worked with a CP before. I'd prefer to read a second or later draft. I'm willing to read almost anything except for erotica, gore and torture scenes. I do better with mysteries, women's fic, adventure, the odd romance and light sci-fi/steampunk because those are the genres that I read the most. I can critique a fantasy, but I don't read much of them. As a CP, I'll kick your butt to make you a better writer, but cheer you on at every step of the way. I tend not to sugar coat my critiques, so please have a thick skin. My job as a CP (and I ask the same) is to make your work better and sometimes, it's not easy to hear the problems in the manuscript.

About my work, it's similar to National Treasure adapted to a MG audience. The MCs go on a treasure hunt through NYC. It's about 40k.

If you're interested, drop me a PM or reply here. :smile:

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. :tongue:

#2 NavyGal

NavyGal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand
  • Publishing Experience:little

Posted 03 January 2018 - 03:42 AM

Hey there, I'd be willing to take a look.

I

have CP'd a number of times. Pm'd you. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users