• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented, industry insider
  • LocationUS Northwest
  • Publishing Experience:Submission Reader for literary agency
    PNWA contest finalist

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:22 PM

EDIT: I've made my decision. Thanks to everyone who responded! 

Hey all, I've been pretty busy in the literary world and have an offer for someone on because AQ Connect has been a great resource for me. 

I'm currently working as a Submission Reader for a literary agency and I've read a lot of work from authors who were almost there but still had a few important changes to make. I've had a good eye for noticing quality work and where things go wrong and why--which is how I got this job in the first place--but I haven't had the chance to make that happen. The agent I'm working with wants to see my editing style before sending any projects my way but most of my work has been informal so far. 

Anyway, on to the offer... 

I've read a lot of submissions of the first 50 pages or 3 chapters, and I need to create a formal edit letter so the agent can see if I'm a good fit for a developmental editor. So I came here to see if anybody could use editing on these important chapters. It won't cost you anything; however, I'll need to include a copy of the edits to send to the agent. I can leave your name and title out if you'd like, but the agent will be reading the edit letter, which always gives the possibility for something good to happen! 

But so nobody's time is wasted, here's a few things I'm looking for: 

• A manuscript that's polished. I don't want any first drafts, because the advice you'll most likely get is that you need to do a rewrite. 
  • Someone ready to query. I'll prioritize manuscripts that have been through the query critique process on the site here. If people agree your query is ready but you still want someone to look at the sample you'll be sending, I think this could be a big help to you. 
  • A genre I'm familiar with. I read a lot of Literary Fiction, Sci Fi/Fantasy, and Thrillers. YA is fine too. But I don't want Romance, Erotica, Paranormal, or Horror, or Non-Fiction (Unless it's Narrative Nonfiction). If you're unsure if you fit into one of these, ask me. 

If this sounds interesting to you, send me a message. Include your query or a link to your query critique if possible. I'll leave this up until the 28th around 5:00 PM PST. I expect turnaround time to be approximately two weeks. 

Happy writing all!

#2 brosesa

brosesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

Hi, have sent you a PM. Cheers 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users