Marshi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hi everyone,

I have just registered. I live in Luxembourg, English is not my mother tongue, but I always loved English and studied English Literature, but that is some time ago :-).

I usually just write for myself, mostly poems if they can qualify as such.

As a mother, a few years ago I got inspired to write a short story for kids, and I have been reworking it now after a few years.

It is my first short story. I would be very happy to share it with you and see if you like it and if you think it has some potential. It is a fantasy story, I am not sure what age group it would suit but my guess would be 10-12 years old. I had fun writing it and hope some kids will have fun reading it.

I have no idea how this forum works. I suppose I can start by reading stories and giving my feedback, which I am happy to do. Is there any section here where it is explained how to start and how this whole thing works? 

I am also hoping to meet some like-minded people in order to share our passion, I am not a book worm though, I know sounds weird... I like fantasy, short stories with a message and some romance.  I am particularly interested in the idea of script writing, writing for video clips. 

Greetings to all from Luxembourg.

#2 lnloft

lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

Welcome!

As far as navigation goes, most of the forums have at least one pinned post at the top, which explains what the purpose of that forum is and how to use it, so feel free to poke around and see what is useful to you. By far the biggest forum on this site is the Query Critique forum, where people post the queries they've written for their books in order to sharpen them up in hopes of catching an agent. As far as sharing your work for feedback goes, you have a couple options. One is the 250 Words forum, where you can post a small sample of your writing, up to 250 words, for feedback. The other is to go to the Wanted Ads forum, where you can ask if anyone is interested in giving you feedback, usually in a trade format, where you also give feedback on theirs.

Now, how useful all the various pieces here are also depend on you and your story. You say your piece is a "short story", so what is your word length on it? Are you hoping to get it published as a book, or maybe instead in a literary magazine/journal? Most people on this site are working on publishing books, so you'll definitely be able to find advice if that is the route you're going, but plenty of people know things as well about getting published in other formats, so don't be afraid to ask questions.

Glad to have you, and good luck with the rest.

If you found my feedback useful, I'd appreciate yours: Ouroboros

#3 sim

sim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationEurope

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

hiiiiii I'm new as well hahahaha (: can't wait to use this more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users