Disclaimer

Photo

This got me a request for a full in two days.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 robertguitar

robertguitar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I have published two personal essays in the New York Times, one of which provoked 465 reader comments and stayed in the top three emailed NYT articles for two full days. https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/20/abandoning-the-work-i-hated/?_r=0

Posted 17 January 2018 - 03:23 AM

Mark Biderman is on the edge of his dream.  But his wife —  the mother of his children — is threatening divorce if he publishes the memoir he’s been working on for years. Too many details of their personal lives; too much information she considers private.

Mark’s inspirational New York Times essay on trading his briefcase for clown shoes went viral, resonating with thousands of readers fed up with working soul-crushing jobs. A big literary house wants a memoir in the style of the much-tweeted piece.

But Denise isn’t giving an inch, and this is a bad sign. It reminds Mark of his past failures. He quit law when chronic pain in his knees and back signaled he was in the wrong field. He flopped as a public school teacher because he couldn’t fake the fire in the belly.

Denise has stuck with him through all the changes. She is his rock. Now Mark has to decide between his marriage and fulfilling his long-held desire to be a published author.

CLOWN SHOES, my debut novel, complete at over 73,500 words, will appeal to fans of coming-of-middle-age upmarket fiction like One Last Thing before I go by Jonathan Tropper and The Reason You’re Alive by Matthew Quick. 

I have published personal essays in the New York Times

Thank you for your time and attention.

#2 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: Feb. 2019.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

Congratulations!

#3 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:16 AM

Congrats!

#4 Emily804

Emily804

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:38 PM

Congratulations!!

Query Compatibility YA sci-fi: http://agentquerycon...lity-ya-sci-fi/