lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:58 PM

I just wanted to share this as a resource for people. You can type in the title of a book in this website and one of the things it supplies is that book's word count. I like knowing what the lengths of other books out there are to give me a ballpark, and I figured other people might, too. One caveat is that you shouldn't say, "Hey, this awesome book is 200,000 words, so I can get away with that, too." Really long pieces are most likely from an author who is tried and true, or an extreme exception to the rule. Even so, I thought people might enjoy this. It's found pretty much every title I've put in.

https://readinglength.com/

#2 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,637 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published ten books, including short stories by several AQC writers and debut novels by AQC authors A.T. O'Connor (aka Cat Woods), "ScubaSteve" Carman, and R.S. Mellette. Heading into 2016, we're aiming to publish at least two books, including the second Mellette novel and an anthology. In 2015, I saw a few memoir/nonfiction pieces published in Red Fez. I expect to do more of that in 2016 and beyond, while also looking to add freelance editing and writing clients.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

cool, thanks for sharing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users