#1 cbillingslegault

cbillingslegault

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationUS Northwest

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:45 PM

Hi all! I just became aware of this website. I have a finished 37k MG contemporary novel and am looking for a CP to do a full MS swap and critique. I recently connected with one CP through Sub it Club (we are currently in the middle of revisions) and I am learning how incredibly wonderful a CP relationship can be! Seeking one or more CPs before beginning to query agents.

Here's my WIP query: 

While twelve-year-old Vanessa has always felt a little different from her group of friends, she can’t imagine life without them. But ever since a perfectly-poised (and not so nice) new girl moved to town, her friends have become totally absorbed with being popular, and Vanessa has started to feel like an outsider. When Vanessa tries out for the swim team in the summer before seventh grade, she meets Dean Costello, an aloof video gamer who has just moved to small-town Green Valley from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Dean is next-door neighbors with the adventurous Rusty Lee, a classmate of Vanessa’s who she hardly knows because her girlfriends have never given him the time of day. The unlikely trio become fast friends at swim practice, and for the first time, Vanessa discovers what it’s like to have friends who appreciate her individuality. The closer she becomes to Dean and Rusty, the more distant she feels from her girlfriends. However, despite the estrangement she feels from her old friends, Vanessa still clings to the hope that her friendship with them will somehow go back to normal.

But when school starts and her two worlds collide, her old friends shatter that illusion by giving Vanessa an ultimatum: if she wants to stay in the group, she has to stop hanging out with Dean and Rusty. Vanessa has only known Dean and Rusty for a few months, but somehow they understand her better than her other friends ever have. She must choose to either maintain an identity that’s safe and comfortable- even if it doesn’t make her all that happy- or take a leap of faith and leave her old identity behind.

A little about who I am when I'm not behind the screen: I am a fourth grade teacher, a graduate student, a cat and dog mom, and a wife to an analytical science nerd. I am very passionate about my career in education, but decided to do grad school part-time so I could pursue my writing at the same time. Work-life balance and mental health are of the utmost importance to me! 

I am unpublished but am a dedicated aspiring author and committed to working hard! Please message me if it sounds like we might be a good fit. Thanks so much.

Chelsea 

You can also find me on Twitter at: @cbillings90 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users