kbenjamen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:41 PM

Good people,

My name is K Benjamen, and I have engaged in the spoken word form of poetry for several years.  Recently, I have grown into the desire to publish in more traditional (written) settings.  Committing ink to paper (or pixels to screen?) for a readership is a new and, frankly, intimidating venture.

My strengths as a poet consist in conceiving powerful images and crafting strong meters.

My weaknesses are in my ability to structure lines well on a page, as well as, dare I say it, that stubborn concept of clarity.

I have some decent experience in critiquing creative work, though I've not done so consistently for some time.  My best quality as a critic, and I think this comes from my experience in performing, is my understanding of how an audience will react.  I tend to have a good sense of when an audience will become tired, or excited, or frustrated, or when they need a break.  This is my primary lens to employ.

If you are interested in exchanging a poem to test the waters, please reach out.  I will be glad to make it happen.

Be well,

K Benjamen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users