#1 jphollis

jphollis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationAsia

Posted 30 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

I've already got one great critique partner, but more eyes are always better. Would love to find two more people who want to share their work long term, exchanging chapters, queries, synopses, etc. Not really looking for copy-editing, but more for overall feelings of the progressions of the story, the believability of the plot, the feeling of the setting's atmosphere, the realness of characters. 

My past few manuscripts have been YA, but I find myself now in an Adult Fantasy/Mystery. I'd love to find someone whose preferred genre leans more towards this age group, but I'm happy if you have YA manuscripts too. I'm probably not the best for romance though.

If you're interested, reply and we can start out by exchanging first chapters.

Oh, last I would like to add that I want critiques, not pure encouragement. I mean, if you like it, say so, but if you don't like it, tell me why. I don't want to waste time trying not to step on toes. You never learn to dance without stepping on some toes. I need to know what I'm doing wrong so I can fix it.

Sound good? Then let's get to it!

My Blog: jphollis.com

#2 Lois_Lane

Lois_Lane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

What are you looking for in terms of word count and deadlines?

#3 jphollis

jphollis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 193 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationAsia

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:54 PM

I'm pretty flexible. I would say the most I can look at per week would be around 5,000 words or about 2 chapters, but it's going to vary sometimes depending on the day job. Sometimes might be able to do more, sometimes I might be a tad slower. 

My Blog: jphollis.com

#4 Lois_Lane

Lois_Lane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:49 PM

K. Why not message me your synopsis and I can message you mine. Then if we like what we see we can exchange test chapters and critiques.

#5 Dinda-Maulidya

Dinda-Maulidya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationEurope

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:53 PM

Hi there, I'm interested in joining, as well. 

I'm also writing a fantasy novel (still struggling with deciding if it is YA or adult and might be towards epic fantasy). 

I would be very interested in swapping with my first chapter and also giving you my honest opinions. 

My story is about an only survival white elf with no memories and an imaginary friend that is taken to be a personal slave to a man who involves in the mass slaughter of her kind. 

If you're interested, you can send your story to my email (dindamaulidya9@gmail.com) or just PM, whatever you want. 

Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users