2 replies to this topic

#1 Divine Walker

Divine Walker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:I have successfully publish a research paper and also a book. I have various projects on going.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

Hi, anyone could advice me on the estimate cost of a book cover?

#2 KitCampbell

KitCampbell

Occasionally considering octopus husbandry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:Three novels published through Turtleduck Press, short stories all over the place. Readying to dip my toes back into the agent search pool.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

Depends on what sort of cover you want. A custom illustrated one will run between $300 and $1500, depending on the artist, the scene, etc. A custom photo manip will probably be more in the $150-$300 range. Some people sell cover templates (so not custom) more in the $50-$150 range. 

So it all depends on what you want and who you hire to do it for you.

#3 LucidDreamer

LucidDreamer

Pragmatic Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,075 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southeast
  • Publishing Experience:Blue Ridge Library Mystery series, (publisher Crooked Lane Books) written as Victoria Gilbert. Book One - A MURDER FOR THE BOOKS: December 2017. Book Two - SHELVED UNDER MURDER: July 2018. Book Three - PAST DUE FOR MURDER: early 2019.

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

Yes, it can vary dramatically, depending on what you want. Of course, genre also plays a role here. There are lots of wonderful pre-made covers available for certain genres (particularly easy to find great ones for Romance). For other genres it is much more difficult to find a pre-made cover that will work for your book.

This company is awesome (they did my fantasy book covers) and not exorbitantly expensive for the quality of the work, but they have a long waiting list: http://www.derangeddoctordesign.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users