1 reply to this topic

#1 tiffanywrites2

tiffanywrites2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:I have only written for a small town newspaper and content/blog posts for malls, clothing and women's empowerment sites.

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:21 PM

Hello all!!! :biggrin:  I am Tiffany and I have been a lover of words since a child. :wub: I started writing poems and songs, and later novels and scripts. I am sooo super excited that I found this hidden gem and cannot wait to explore the depths of it. 

I am welcome to all critics and advice, because hey, I'm certain you all have many things I can learn from. 

So starting off, can you all that peek in give me the best advice and or quotes you've ever received or read (doesn't have to be writing related, you never know what good it will come to someone!!!).

Add me! I'm new and need friends. :blink:

tiffanymarnold.wordpress.com :wink:  :biggrin: 

#2 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Harmony Ink Press
    #AMM mentee

Posted 10 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

Welcome! :)

As far as quotes, I'd say "Publishing is a marathon, not a sprint."

For advice: querying agents in small batches (7-10 at a time). After each round, reevaluate your querying strategy and your manuscript. I found this particularly helpful, as it got me through several revisions that increased my request rate.

Also, work on another project while you query. Many people end up shelving their first project. If you burn out and need a break, read up on your genre. That will help with improving your craft, and with staying up-to-date with the industry.

Enjoy your stay here! <3

I love dogs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users