#1 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:01 AM

I've been querying this book for the past few months and have gotten really positive responses from rejections. However, there have been very few requests. So, I wanted a fresh pair of eyes to take a look. You can find the query below:

Sixteen-year-old Chase Addams just had the worst birthday of his entire life. He was terrorized at school by a death god, spent the evening in a haunted house, and even faced off with an urban legend in the flesh. If this wasn’t enough to ruin the average person’s day, it ended with his best friend, Asra, being dragged off into the abyss by a mysterious arm wreathed in flames.

Chase discovers this kidnapping is part of a hidden war between the Land of the Living and the Land of the Dead. What’s even worse for the self-described uncoordinated, sarcastic, smart-ass is everyone thinks he’s something called a guardian--one of the heroic spirits who are summoned to not only fight in the war, but keep the conflict from spilling out into the different realms.

Now, Chase must come to terms with what it means to be a hero, avoid the terrors prowling in the Land of the Dead, maneuver the politics of an interplanar war, and of course rescue Asra. All of this before a lurking darkness consumes the guardians and both worlds.

However, in this cosmic conflict nothing is quite what it seems. 

Let me know if you're interested!

#2 NCruz

NCruz

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:#AMM mentee

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

I can take a look at your sample pages.

I had a first-pages workshop with an agent and she gave great advice about what to look for in the first chapters. If you're interested, I can try to apply what I learned. ;)

#3 Faltho

Faltho

Wanderer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 179 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationUS South
  • Publishing Experience:Amazon best-seller; Playing Smarter, Using Math: The Traveling Mathematician's Guide to Playing the Lottery (Self-Published)

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:49 PM

I can take a look at your sample pages.

I had a first-pages workshop with an agent and she gave great advice about what to look for in the first chapters. If you're interested, I can try to apply what I learned. ;)

Pmed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users