• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Rimbaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Only a small portion of my material has been published.<br /><br /> Several essays published by The Daily Dissident, including essays on why political debates and conflicts are often contrived and bogus, why Jews often gravitate toward the left, how American politics has been deformed and inauthentic ever since the compromise at the end of the 1876 election, and how and why the Left fails to articulate its positions in a commanding and coherent fashion.<br /><br /> An essay published years ago, in the New York Native, regarding the AIDS epidemic <br /><br />I also have a barge of unpublished material, including one novel, several hundreds of pages of non fiction essays, hundreds of poems half of which rhymed, and memoir-like pieces.

Posted 09 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for your help.  Here I go again with more questions (Sorry for being demanding):

I wasn't sure if one was to submit a proposal or a query letter or both for non fiction. I think I finally have it now:  With non fiction one submits just a query letter in one's first correspondence but one has a book proposal ready to send out if the agent bites the bait.  

Is this correct?  Please address.   IF OTHER PEOPLE AGREE WITH THIS, please say so. 

How long shoud a book proposal be.  

I have heard one should discuss marketing, something I have never studied, in one's proposal.  What is the shortest number of words that one can put in one's discusssion of marketing.    

(PS.  When Nietzsche was at his height, he was in the throes of syphilitic dementia.  Adam Smith used to talk to himself when he walked down the street. I bet those guys never had to write marketing proposals and didn't have much of a platform.  Hell, Nietzsche was so contemptuous of the "herd" that he probably hated the very idea of writing anything that would attract people)  

#22 Springfield

Find me at properediting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 09 March 2018 - 02:39 AM

You're ON a query help site. Perhaps reading it would be of service to you. Also, google.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users