#1 mojicanpuertorican

mojicanpuertorican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:02 PM

Basically, I'm curious of the question above. Do detectives have a sergeant or someone over them? I read that them and police officers are equals, that it's not really a rank. Just a job title. Also, where can I get more info on detectives in general? Thanks!

#2 Springfield

Springfield

Find me at properediting.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts
  • Literary Status:published
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:33 AM

Basically, I'm curious of the question above. Do detectives have a sergeant or someone over them? I read that them and police officers are equals, that it's not really a rank. Just a job title. Also, where can I get more info on detectives in general? Thanks!

I don't know where to even begin with this, honestly. This completely depends on the department you're talking about, as they differ wildly. Some areas have sheriffs in roles others have detectives or etc. Some small depts. don't have the structure because they don't have the people, but yeah, of course detectives have people over them, and they're all officers, but no, police officer is, at least here, the lowest full ranking.

#3 mojicanpuertorican

mojicanpuertorican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 11 March 2018 - 06:39 PM

Interesting. Knowing that, it gives me a bit more freedom on how to structure it, especially since my story is set in a fictional town. Of course, I'll see how other departments do it, just to get a basic idea. Great info regardless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users