YaleResearch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:02 AM

Hi everyone!

My name is Sarah and I'm an undergrad at Yale currently working on a research project examining the creative process with Dr. Jonathan Feinstein, a professor at the Yale School of Management. I'm hoping that this forum will help me come up with some new ideas and better understand writing as a process. I would also love to recruit some participants for a current study! Previous research is described here: ‪http://www.jonathanfeinstein.com. 

Participants will be asked to submit samples of their work and answer a short prompt about their process. This is intended to be a reflective exercise to help you think about your own work, not something you should have to stress about. The writing samples should be taken from a current project. Perhaps a chapter or two, a short story, or a few poems. Further questions on appropriate samples would be better answered on a case-by-case basis, but we are pretty flexible in terms of what we accept. These samples will only shared with members of the research team, and participants will reserve all rights to their submitted samples. The duration of this study will be between 3 and 6 months. However, we will only need things from you at a few intervals during this period. The extended time is intended to allow you to edit and create new work so that we can examine your development and creative process. A $20 Amazon gift card will be given as compensation for your time.

If any of you are potentially interested in participating, feel free to send me a message or email me at ‪sarah.ludwin-peery@yale.edu.

Looking forward to meeting new people and getting those creative juices flowing. Cheers!

#2 iads2jw

iads2jw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, unagented
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:Some shorter poems of mine were published in several on-line journals over the past few decades.
    As my works are very long, I prefer to publish them on the Internet.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

Hello Sarah!

I'm interested in participating in this research.

Do I need to send you writing samples? Could you tell me what samples you actually needs.

My work "Aestas" is a very long sequence of poems, which you can find at http://aestas.sakura.ne.jp/. Click "Aestas", then you will check if there are samples you need.

Kind regards,

Walter Daniel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users