#1 mojicanpuertorican

mojicanpuertorican

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

So, I finished my second novel, Corvid Witness, and would love to do a swap with anyone who'd like to have their manuscript read (I'm open for any genre). I'm looking for any input you have. Hopefully my story will be to your liking. I'll post the query I'm working on below so you can get the gist of it. 

When detective Ed Keegan sees the raven at the crime scene, he doesn’t expect the bird to talk to him, much less in the deceased owner’s voice.

Ed has to investigate a crime scene at the local theological university. He always knows how to handle an investigation, pushing emotions on the floor, and studying the hard facts. No one's witnessed the death of Darlene Hargrove, the fourth girl killed from the university. No one but Elijah, Darlene's pet raven who repeats its owner’s last words, words that suggest Darlene knew her killer.

Ed becomes fascinated by Elijah and his involvement in Darlene’s case. With Elijah at the police station, Ed makes sure he doesn’t miss an utterance from the bird. And when Elijah, with his talons, carves the message “Wolves hunger their young” onto the wall, Ed realizes Elijah is no ordinary bird. Rather, a prophet or a harbinger of doom. If Ed backs off the case now, he’ll be spared the danger of the chase, if he doesn’t he may just learn the truth he so desperately desires - and risk his life in so doing. But the path Elijah leads him down is one so sinister that Ed questions everything he’s learned in his career. A rabbit hole so deep, he finds himself on the run from the real killer.

#2 DisgruntledWriter

DisgruntledWriter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Late to the party, but are you still looking for someone to swap your full MS with yet?

#3 TheBest

TheBest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I've just finished my first young and new adult Sci-fi novel, which I'm very proud of, and eager to get published. I've written two plays and a novella, self-published online.

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

Yeah, I know this is late, but I'd love to swap manuscripts with either one (or both!) of you. Are you still looking for a critique?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users