2 replies to this topic

#1 Rimbaud

Rimbaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Only a small portion of my material has been published.<br /><br /> Several essays published by The Daily Dissident, including essays on why political debates and conflicts are often contrived and bogus, why Jews often gravitate toward the left, how American politics has been deformed and inauthentic ever since the compromise at the end of the 1876 election, and how and why the Left fails to articulate its positions in a commanding and coherent fashion.<br /><br /> An essay published years ago, in the New York Native, regarding the AIDS epidemic <br /><br />I also have a barge of unpublished material, including one novel, several hundreds of pages of non fiction essays, hundreds of poems half of which rhymed, and memoir-like pieces.

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:01 AM

I am not sure that this is the proper forum.

I want to see sample query letters which kindled an agent's interest.

However, I cannot find any queries on here for either Memoirs or Non fiction.

I would be really appreciative if anyone were to:

a) reply with a query letter for non fiction or memoirs

or 

b) refer me to sites where I can find query letters for non fiction or memoirs

Thanks a lot for your help

#2 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 18 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Buy Ketchup in May and Fly at Noon: A Guide to the Best Time to Buy This, Do That, and Go There

HIDDEN CITIES: Travels to the Secret Corners of the World’s Great Metropolises; A Memoir of Urban Exploration

Dumbemployed

Corporate Confidential

River of No Return: Tennessee Ernie Ford and the Woman He Loved

You’ll Never Nanny in This Town Again: The True Adventures of a Hollywood Nanny

I love dogs

#3 Rimbaud

Rimbaud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, published, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Only a small portion of my material has been published.<br /><br /> Several essays published by The Daily Dissident, including essays on why political debates and conflicts are often contrived and bogus, why Jews often gravitate toward the left, how American politics has been deformed and inauthentic ever since the compromise at the end of the 1876 election, and how and why the Left fails to articulate its positions in a commanding and coherent fashion.<br /><br /> An essay published years ago, in the New York Native, regarding the AIDS epidemic <br /><br />I also have a barge of unpublished material, including one novel, several hundreds of pages of non fiction essays, hundreds of poems half of which rhymed, and memoir-like pieces.

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:11 AM

Nessa, are those in fact the title of books that contain successful query letters or book proposals.   

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users