Dorothy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Yes please...!

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:15 AM

Would it be best to do all arty design stuff on word before conversion to EPUb etc. or after? And is there a better place to do this after you've converted the manuscript? I'm a little confused.
GDE

#2 C. Taylor

C. Taylor

Subsisting on Pots of Tea

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,300 posts
  • Literary Status:published, self-published, agented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I'm a NY Times and USA Today bestselling author writing under the pen name, Cali MacKay and write fun and steamy contemporary romances, in addition to erotica, paranormal romances and mysteries. I also write steampunk romances under the pen name Calista Taylor.

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

I think in most instances, when you upload your manuscript to epub, there's a seperate step for uploading the cover seperate from the actual document. At least I think that's what you're asking.

Cali MacKay

FREE

51HdjDwZKxL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51Ekbyv33TL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51HnUjguTHL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-511uTCIPFnL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51-y12BGRPL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-51LB9MAkXgL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-612uyFf1xML._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-61y0ZMZ-%2BaL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arro51J-PsyEZoL._SL500_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-

#3 AQCrew

AQCrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,740 posts
  • Literary Status:industry insider
  • LocationPacific Islands

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:03 AM

If you use a free software tool like Calibre to convert your MS Word doc to an ePUB file, you can easily upload your cover art as a separate step. No need to first incorporate the cover art within the MS Word doc.

Be sure to check out our AQ How to Create an ePUB file step-by-step guide.

#4 Dorothy

Dorothy

Dorothy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationCanada
  • Publishing Experience:Yes please...!

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

If you use a free software tool like Calibre to convert your MS Word doc to an ePUB file, you can easily upload your cover art as a separate step. No need to first incorporate the cover art within the MS Word doc.

Be sure to check out our AQ How to Create an ePUB file step-by-step guide.

Thanks!
GDE

#5 wildbird

wildbird

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

It is better to do all the formatting and modifications on the MS word and then convert it ePUB. However, sometimes the formatting won't support on the ePUB like fonts and alignment. So try to use fonts that are available on ePUB.
Consider live in carer jobs for a fulfilling career

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users