No replies to this topic

#1 TheBest

TheBest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:I've just finished my first young and new adult Sci-fi novel, which I'm very proud of, and eager to get published. I've written two plays and a novella, self-published online.

Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:31 AM

Hi everyone! I'm looking for beta readers for my new YA contemporary fantasy novel, INTO THE INFERNO. Mostly I'm looking for your thoughts on the whole plot and an honest review. I don't need line edits. I'm a very quick reader, so if you swap manuscripts with me, you can expect a critique in about two weeks.

I'd describe my novel as SPIDERMAN HOMECOMING meets THE DRESDEN FILES. Let me know if you're interested! I've left my query below.

When sixteen-year-old overachiever and amateur occultist Paul “borrows” an enchanted dagger to conjure a social life, he accidentally lets the dagger and his crush fall into the hands of a demon. Unfortunately for Paul, the demon plans on using the dagger to conquer San Francisco instead of scoring a hot date to prom.

A demon-hunting society arrests Paul for the blunder, revealing that the teen is a “changeling” — a magically-inclined underworlder raised among humans. And if that wasn't stressful enough, the society assigns the fierce teenage Alice to be Paul’s babysitter. She doesn’t exactly appreciate the assignment, or see eye-to-eye with her people’s nonviolent approach to changelings.

The society gives high-strung Paul just one month to retrieve the dagger and rescue his crush. Trouble is, she has plans for the dagger, and may not even want rescuing.

Together, Paul and Alice journey deep into the Underworld, a world where might makes right and danger strides through the ashen streets. But when Paul discovers he’s popular with the cutthroat underworlders, his human life of party-corners and trivia loses its shine. Paul must choose between being an outsider on earth, or taking his place in a world that wants to devour his humanity.

INTO THE INFERNO is a YA contemporary fantasy novel, complete at 78,000 words. It will appeal to fans of “Denton Little's Deathdate,” by Lance Rubin. I studied at Cornell University, with a focus on political science and bottomless coffee cups. One of my critique partners is [Name], best-selling author of [Novel], a novel now included in the New York high school curriculum.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users