No replies to this topic

#1 trulys

trulys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:ex-journalist, ran a small press for a while...

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:18 PM

Hi Everyone! I have just finished writing a 10 chapter children's novel. It started as a bedtime story that gained immediate traction and four years later, my daughter still wants stories every night from this world that has unfolded, or maybe been uncovered.

I have been looking on the forums here for awhile and I love the combo of support and tough love exhibited. I'm looking forward to getting to know some folks through their writing and hopefully learning how to support and be supported. I'm definitely not the kind of person who would ever join a book group so this is a great alternative. 

My book is in a kind of funny place, genre wise. Its fantasy/fairy tale, but there are very few books that I can compare it to format wise. "Catwings" by Ursula LG would be one in terms of short chapters, and intelligent, somewhat old-fashioned writing. I'm not sure what the name of this genre would be: children's novel seems closest or children's chapter book. If anyone knows what you call this kind of book exactly that would be great. 

best,
Truly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users