#1 Kelz1990

Kelz1990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Southeast

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

I'd like to start searching for critique partners soon, as I've recently finished revamping my manuscript to the best of my ability. But when I go on here, I've seen either "Wanted Ads" up before or after posting queries, synopses, etc. Is there any particular order I should go by before asking for a CP or a chapter swap? Should I post my revised query letter, synopsis, and first 250 words before doing so? Some of the posts I've seen contain portions of query letters, so I'm curious about that.

#2 DisgruntledWriter

DisgruntledWriter

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

I would post a wanted ad with the most recent version of your query at the bottom of it, just so people have the gist of your story.  I don't think a synopsis or first 250 words are nessecary to post first, unless the person interested in swapping with you wants to see them.

#3 Nessa

Nessa

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast

Posted 21 April 2018 - 04:21 PM

It's up to you. You might find a better match if you post a short pitch to give an idea of what you're offering.

I love dogs

#4 LynnS

LynnS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS West Coast
  • Publishing Experience:Misc blogs and online magazines.

Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

I'd like to start searching for critique partners soon, as I've recently finished revamping my manuscript to the best of my ability. But when I go on here, I've seen either "Wanted Ads" up before or after posting queries, synopses, etc. Is there any particular order I should go by before asking for a CP or a chapter swap? Should I post my revised query letter, synopsis, and first 250 words before doing so? Some of the posts I've seen contain portions of query letters, so I'm curious about that.

There are other sites to find critique partners if you don't have success here. I've used Scribophile. It's lot of work - you have to critique to get critiqued - but it's an active community with a lot of diversity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users