Disclaimer

Photo
- - - - -

ANOTHER END OF THE WORLD (adult science fiction)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 hgrevemberg

hgrevemberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Literary Status:self-published, unagented
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:A previous work, an autobiographical novel, was a semi-finalist in the Faulkner-Wisdom competition. It became The Zen Revolution, self-published through Createspace and as an audiobook through Audible, a podcast, and a free pdf through www.thezenrevolution.com - I also received the Remi award from the Houston Worldfest for Loss of Trust, a historical doc short I wrote, directed, and produced.

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:57 AM

thank you cmmg. I'm just finishing another pass through the manuscript, still in the copy edit phase - working now with the Chicago Manual of Style and The Elements of Style to help unify and streamline. I've had to stay offline the past summer, on a long Zen retreat--good to see your comments when I returned to this d*** (beautiful) query.

A foreign entity threatens to assimilate the consciousnesses of the residents of a future New Orleans. Rei, the first to detect it, may be the only chance for humanity.

When Rei’s neighborhood, Dream, spirals into darkness, she discovers the foreign entity behind it, only to find herself inextricably drawn to it. The entity, 19, begins throttling the execs of corporate power, fostering an uprising. Rei’s connection to him puts her at the epicenter of a movement. A swirling foment, like a centrifuge, forms an elite team around her. Under the direction of 19, they infiltrate the city’s quantum centers, linking them together into a massive quantum ring. As they take control of the city, the quantum ring activates, revealing its true purpose.

The city AI transforms into a conscious entity.

Rei collects the remnants of her team as the city orb lifts into the sky. Stunned, they continue on to Los Angeles, then New York, forming two more city orbs before the cycle completes. Rei, and the world, faces a difficult choice: to become etched into the eternal membrane of a city, or to remain human and live in the ghost cities left behind.

ANOTHER END OF THE WORLD is a 103,000-word adult science fiction novel, a dark force cyberpunk. My autobiographical novel, The Perfection of a Leaf (self-published as The Zen Revolution), was a semi-finalist in the Faulkner-Wisdom competition.

Thank you for your consideration.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users