Tanja

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:37 AM

I posted my query in the query section under Rabbit 76. The query still needs a lot of work, but I really don't know what sub-genre to put it under.

My story is about a guy, Curtis, who's been used for tests preventing cancer. Those tests were taken out on him unbeknownst to him. Also later in the story a device is implanted into him sending out the signal of his location. There are also elements of, let's say, people having different identities to what the government system is telling about them. But overall the story is pretty much set in today's world.

It is a thriller for sure. But I'm very uncertain about he sub-genre. I don't really think SF fits. It'll also limit me to query certain agents. I've been thinking of speculative thriller, but I'm not really sure if it exists as such. Usually speculative refers more to Fantasy or Horror, and my story doesn't fall under any of those umbrellas. I'd say the story is best explained as kind of a Jason Bourne story.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Query:  10 DAY BETRAYAL

10 DAY CONSPIRACY

RABBIT 76 (NEW PROJECT)

Twitter: @tccorrey

#2 lnloft

lnloft

LNLOFT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationUS Northeast

Posted 24 April 2018 - 09:57 AM

Speculative covers a broad range, including fantasy and sci-fi. Basically anything that we are “speculating” if the world had something different. I’d say market it as speculative, but if an agent is in the market for thrillers make sure you play that up.

Nothing to reciprocate on right now; I'm off in the query trenches.

#3 Tanja

Tanja

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:01 AM

Thanks for your help. I'll mark it as that.

Query:  10 DAY BETRAYAL

10 DAY CONSPIRACY

RABBIT 76 (NEW PROJECT)

Twitter: @tccorrey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users