• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
  • Publishing Experience:None

Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:42 PM

Hi from Glasgow,

Just wanted to say a quick hello to all my fellow writers. I have used this site for a while and been inspired by the sense of community and support. After overcoming my initial shyness and self-doubts at my own writing skills, I finally decided to take the plunge and join.

I have written a YA Science-Fiction novel (sending out queries as we speak!) and my current novel in progress is adult fiction based on modern technology used for corruption with a twist. I love exploring the ways that things can go wrong and the impact it eventually leads to.

Any help/advice from you would be warmly received!!!!

Thanks xx

#2 spineofiron

spineofiron

Probably Drinking Coffee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Literary Status:emerging, unagented
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:16 PM

Welcome to AQC! Good to have you here. :smile: You should post your query and/or synopsis to the forums -- not only is it tremendously valuable, but it's kind of fun to see what everyone else here is writing about!

"I am a fire escape. My spine is made of iron, my heart pumps out old red paint."

-- Foster the People

-- -- --

NIGHT OF SORROWS

Query

Hook

250 Words

#3 mwsinclair

mwsinclair

Elephant with a trunk full of novels

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,760 posts
  • Literary Status:published, unagented, media
  • LocationUS Northeast
  • Publishing Experience:Journalist covering U.S. nonprofits, foundations, and life in general. President and Chief Elephant Officer of Elephant's Bookshelf Press, LLC. Since establishing the company in 2012, we have published more than a dozen books, including several short story anthologies and debut novels by several AQC authors including "ScubaSteve" Carman and R.S. Mellette. Midway through 2018, we've already published our first nonfiction title, "Which the Days Never Know," and are putting together an omnibus collection of the Seasons Series of anthologies, with launch expected by the Christmas season. And in 2019, there will be much more, with news to come soon!

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:10 PM

Welcome!

I suppose my advice would be to always be ready to develop your audience, even before you have books to promote. If you don't already have a website, it's a good idea to make one (they can be free). Yes, it takes time away from your book writing, but if you're developing your audience of readers, that's time well spent.

#4 bofursgirl

bofursgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationUS Southwest

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:11 AM

I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

#5 Vesta29

Vesta29

• Members