#1 smilemore

smilemore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:14 PM

How do I submit a movie idea? I have done some research and most companies like Disney and Universal won't take any movie suggestions without a literary agent. But, mine doesn't have to do with literary just a movie idea. My movie idea is a animated TV show I used to watch as a kid, but I would like to see it as a non-animated movie.

#2 RSMellette

RSMellette

I Have Many Skills.

• Group Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts
  • Literary Status:published, agented
  • LocationUS Southwest
  • Publishing Experience:The Xena Scrolls on-line and episode TV credit. I worked on the show for the first two years.
    Billy Bobble Makes A Magic Wand, Dec. 2014 Elephant's Bookshelf Press

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Basically, you can't.

Your best bet would be to find the production company that made the original series (not the Studio, the production company) and send them fan mail asking if they've ever thought about doing it as a live feature.

Of course, you won't be a part of that production - but that's the closest you'll come.

From Elephant's Bookshelf Press

51xExIpByyL._SS140_SH35_.jpg51n1zBAR2vL._SS140_SH35_.jpg

by R.S. Mellette

"WOW. That is the first word that comes to mind when I think about how I felt reading this book - WOW. I was so pleasantly surprised - oh, let's be honest, it was more like blown away!" -- Holy B. In NC, Amazon Review.

#3 Tanja

Tanja

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Literary Status:unagented
  • LocationAustralia/New Zealand

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:09 AM

not sure if you're talking about a movie or a TV show, but this might help you.

https://goodinaroom....writing-agents/

There are also literary agencies who don't just represent books. Check on Query Tracker for those.

However, you won't be able to just sell the idea. You'll need a script behind it. Movie and TV show scripts are totally different to novels and you really need to read into it. Learn the format required and how to write a script. See if you can visit of course (I did that) to know the details.

Good luck

Query:  10 DAY BETRAYAL

10 DAY CONSPIRACY

RABBIT 76 (NEW PROJECT)

Twitter: @tccorrey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users