#1 Angandeep

Angandeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Literary Status:just starting, unagented
  • LocationAsia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:20 AM

I have posted the below query to few agents today. It will be helpful if someone checks and let me know if this seems fine or not.

Dear Agent,

THE BYGONE LIBRARY is a 73,000-word Thriller Mystery novel that is related to the long lost Library of Alexandria. It explores mystery,adventure,codes to break, friendship, history and grief. With a focus on historical mysteries and codes, it will appeal to fans of THE HUNT FOR ATLANTIS by Andy Mcdermott and DA VINCI CODE by Dan Brown.

Synopsis : 

ALEXANDRA, 48 BC : Julius Caesar followed Pompey to Alexandria and saw the Library of Alexandria get destroyed in a fire.

GERMANY, 1945 : The head of the Nazi Archeological Division, Ahnenerbe, killed his wife and children and then committed suicide to keep a secret out of the hands of the Nazi party.

Present Day, London : Sam, an Indian student of Archeology, witnesses the murder of his professor in a Cafe. Before his death, Professor Hedley tells Sam to find a notebook, a notebook connected to his deceased parents. This starts a chain of events that started to change Sam's life in an instant. Helped by an ex US MARSOC personnel Mark and a beautiful young NSA Cryptologist Eva, he races from London to India, from Denmark to Germany to Himalayas to find the truth behind the death of his parents and to complete their task of finding the lost Library of Alexandria.

But other forces are also pursuing him to find the Library who will stop at nothing to win the race. Can Sam find it?

PITCH :

When his Cambridge professor is murdered, archeology student Sameer Rawath is forced to take the same path that has been followed by Julius Caesar, a Nazi archeologist and his own parents over last two centuries, while being perused by other forces. Will he able to find the Legendary Library of Alexandria? If yes, at what cost?

My Bio :

I am a B-Tech Engineer working out in Bangalore in a software company. I stay with my wife there, and my mother and sister live in Kolkata India. My hobby and passion is to read and write books on various genres including literary and historical fiction, fantasy etc. Some of my favorite authors are - Matthew Reilly, Andy Mcdermott, Dan Brown, Alex Scarrow etc. So I have grew up studying their stories and really understanding history and fiction by heart. So I would consider myself as someone who would be a good person to understand and write a good Historical and Literary Fiction books.

Thank you for your time and consideration

#2 punitrastogi

punitrastogi

Veteran Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationAsia
  • Publishing Experience:Ready with the first draft of my first book

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:56 AM

Not the right place to get feedback on a query.

Please post in the "Query Critiques" forum

#3 Angandeep

Angandeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAsia

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:45 AM

Thanks Punitrastogi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users